We aim to prepare professionals in International Business who are able to create, manage and develop international businesses, as well as successfully work within different local and international organizations and businesses in constantly changing markets by using and developing personal competencies and skills.
After studies you will be able to:
You will study:
Career opportunities & areas:
Study at SMK
We welcome applications from students from all around the world and from a wide variety of educational systems. We do not take into consideration an applicant’s race, religion, national origin, sex, or country citizenship in determining admission to the study programmes of the SMK University of Applied Sciences.
ADMISSION DATES AND TERMS
Fall semester admission starts on January 2. The semester commences on September 1.
- July 15 - For Applicants from non-EU/EFTA Countries
- August 1 - For Applicants from EU Countries and for non-EU/EFTA Countries with Lithuanian Embassies
Spring semester admission starts on September 1. The semester commences on February 1.
- December 15 - For Applicants from non-EU/EFTA Countries
- January 10 - For Applicants from EU Countries and for non-EU/EFTA Countries with Lithuanian Embassies
Early submission is recommended for those requiring visas
* We strongly advise that those applicants who require visas to enter Lithuania should apply earlier since in some cases obtaining a visa might take up to 3 months.
If you wish to be admitted to SMK undergraduate programmes, you must have successfully completed 12 years (in some cases 11) of formal education (secondary education). Also, you should have sufficient knowledge of English (Upper-intermediate and higher) and be very motivated to study here.
SMK offers assistance through the process
Considering the fact that applying to university could be very stressful and confusing, the SMK International Office will be always available to help you, guide you, and assist you in submitting the required paperwork. In order to make this process faster and easier for you, all documents could be submitted via e-mail, and in case we find it necessary we will request originals.
We will be pleased to provide you with all necessary application materials as well as with any course or programme you may require. Please note, that students are coming from all over the world from different educational systems with different educational backgrounds therefore in some cases SMK admissions committee might request some additional documents in order to evaluate applications.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application for admission to the SMK University of Applied Sciences must be submitted online.
Detailed video explanation on “How to apply for studies at SMK?”
Below is the list of documents that you will need to submit together with your application:
1. A receipt of the paid non-refundable application fee* (120 Euro for foreign nationals, and 50 Euro for the citizens of EU and the EEA countries).
*It only needs to be paid once if you decide to apply for a second degree;
Exemption for those enrolled in the English Foundation Programme and willing to continue their studies at SMK: no application fee to be paid again to be admitted to Bachelor Study Programmes.
2. A Copy of a valid Passport (valid for at least a year)
*For those applying from Nigeria through VFS visa center, the passport needs to be valid for at least 18 months;
3. Entry qualification documents (e.g. a copy of original High school/secondary education diploma, or/and a copy of School Leaving Certificate or a College Diploma);
Note: translation of the documents to the English/Lithuanian/Russian languages. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translation(s). Each program has separate subjects which need to be passed. Needed subjects are listed in requirements on https://apply.smk.lt/. Overall percentage of Secondary School Diploma must be not lower than 50%.
4. Official recognition of the Secondary School Diploma obtained from the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Asse
ssment in Higher Education (CQAHE) more information and how to apply here.
Video explanation on how to apply for SKVC.
Country-specific requirements to receive the Official recognition of the School leaving certificate.
5. A Copy of the International English Language Test Certificate confirming the applicant’s knowledge of English at Higher Intermediate level or its equivalent (5,5 and higher); Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE, IELTS 5+, TOEFL 59+ or LanguageCert IESOL B1+: www.languagecert.org/
If an applicant doesn't have any of the above-mentioned certificates, there is a possibility to go through the SMK internal test online. The price for an English test is 50 Eur, where applicant's speaking and writing skills are tested and evaluated. Please, contact email@example.com if you are willing to pass an internal test.
Exemption applies for those applying for English Foundation Programme.
Exemption for those, who have finished English Foundation Programme at SMK:
If later applying for a Bachelor degree, you only need to provide your English Foundation Programme certificate.
* A letter from your teacher or employer, where he/she describes your abilities and qualities as a student or employee.
Please have in mind that your application can be processed only when you submit all the required documents. After your application is complete it will take up to 5 working days for the admission committee to give feedback.. All accepted students will receive acceptance letters with detailed instructions on how to confirm their acceptance and prepare to travel to Lithuania.
Once you submit your application, and your application is accepted, you will need to pass:
1. The entrance examination for these study programmes ONLY:
- Video Production and Media
The entrance examination for entrants to this study programme consists of:
- Assessment of a portfolio presented by the applicant;
- Assessment of factors of selecting the area of professional activity.
2. Motivation Interview:
After the applicant has paid the application fee and submitted the application, we invite him for an motivational interview. The interview is done online using Google Meet platform, and the basic goal is to evaluate the reasoning and motivation of a future student. After an interview, the decision of admission is given in a couple of days.
If you have any specific questions in regards to the application procedure please contact the SMK International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly consult with the International Study Managers:
International Studies Manager
Phone: +370 601 74901
International Studies Manager
Phone: +370 685 54597
Register for free online consultation
Register for free online consultation
Thanks for stopping by to get to know SMK. Look around you - the world is waiting for you to make your ideas a reality. It is ok if you have a lot of questions and you don’t know which direction to take. The best discoveries await those who dare to try! Please fill out this form, and we will contact you to set up the time for a personal consultation, where we will be able to answer you any questions about the admission and visa process, living in Vilnius, or guide you in choosing the right study programme.