Information for first year students
Welcome to SMK community!
This is important information for you:
- Information about studies at SMK is available on the MY SMK section in the website (www.smk.lt). Before the beginning of your studies you should get familias ir SMK Study Rules and Regulations, as well as other documents regulating all the processes (available in Moodle system).
- Timetables of your lectures will be soon available on SMK webpage‘s MY SMK section „Class Schedule“. Introductory lectures will start on September 14th.
- 2020-2021 study year schedule is available on SMK webpage‘s MY SMK section (Moodle). In this schedule you can see when you will have lectures, exam sessions and study breaks.
- Studies at SMK premises will be organized in accordance with the decision of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Lithuania – Head of State Operations of Emergency Situations “On Necessary Conditions for Higher Education Studies, Vocational Training and Non-Formal Adult Education”.
- Depending on the epidemiological situation in Lithuania, lectures can be organized in a mixed way: some lectures will take place in the college “live” (practical classes, seminars), others will take place remotely in SMK e-learning environment MOODLE, also using video conferencing tool Google Meet or other distance learning environments.
- SMK students are provided with SMK e-mail box and authorized access to the college study information system and study resources. SMK students' e-mail boxes, login to the e-learning environment MOODLE and the academic database of studies Unimetis will be created by September 14. The information about login will be given during the introductory programme.
- Throughout the study period at SMK, information related to the study process will be sent to the student e-mail box provided by SMK.
- All students can apply for Student ID LSP or ISIC: www.lsp.lt or www.isic.lt.
- It is important to pay tuition fees before the start of each semester. For 2020-2021 the fall semester tuition fee must be paid by September 14th. Tuition fees are paid by transferring funds to the SMK bank accounts, which is available on the Study Agreement. If a student fails to meet its financial obligations during the first month of the current semester, SMK has the right to transfer the recovery of the student’s debt to third parties.
- The student must immediately inform the Study Department of SMK in writing about the changed contact information, changed visa or temporary residence permit or other important study issues.
- In case you need a certificate regarding your student status:
- Lithuanian students should order it in the Moodle system (follow the menu on the left side of your screen, until you will fin section "Pažymos užsakymo forma Vilniaus studentams");
- International Students should order it from Samson Toye (office no 102).
For all information regarding your studies please do not hesitate to contact:
Kornelija Gulbinskaitė, Head if International Study Programmes:
Kalvarijų g. 137E, Vilnius
Office No. 102
Register for free online consultation
Thanks for stopping by to get to know SMK. Look around you - the world is waiting for you to make your ideas a reality. It is ok if you have a lot of questions and you don’t know which direction to take. The best discoveries await those who dare to try! Please fill out this form, and we will contact you to set up the time for a personal consultation, where we will be able to answer you any questions about the admission and visa process, living in Vilnius, or guide you in choosing the right study programme.